This guide is designed to help you understand how the platform works and how to register, update your profile, and contact others.
- Register by creating your own username and password. We suggest registering through LinkedIn. It is the quickest and easiest way.
- Follow the instructions step by step to add all of the relevant information to your profile.
- Your membership will be activated within five working days.
- Post a message to say hello and introduce yourself, upload photos, browse to find people you know, and invite other alumni to join.
For many of you, your request will be easily and automatically approved. However, for some of you, it will take us some time to approve your request. This often happens where any of the details you provide do not match our records.
Please be patient with us as we review, and respond to any emails we might send requesting more information. Your application should be approved within five working days.
Using the site
The tabs at the top of the page will help you navigate the site.
- Updates - Use to view updates from the entire platform, and check on what other users have posted. You can also like and comment on other people’s posts. You can attach documents, links and photos to an update.
- Album - Upload photos, tag friends, view and like other users’ photos.
- Events - View upcoming Saint Ignatius events and register online.
- Directory - Search by name, or refine your search using location, job sector, graduation year and more.
- News - A live feed of the main Saint Ignatius social media channels. Click on any post to go to the Saint Ignatius Facebook page or Twitter account.
- Jobs - A place where any user can post a job or other opportunity and where users can apply for opportunities.
- Groups - Exclusive groups for you to share events, updates and photos just in that space, rather than with the entire platform.
Connecting with people
There are different ways to make connections with people you either know, or are interested in knowing within the network.
- Follow someone: Go to the person’s profile page and click on the ‘Follow’ icon to receive notifications when they post or update on the site.
- Send a message to them through Ignatius Connect: Go to the person’s profile page and click on ‘Send message’. You can see the message you sent by accessing your mailbox in the platform.
- Send a mentor request: Use the ‘Request mentor’ button on the profile page to send a mentorship request. This is the best way to connect with someone you want to guide and advise you in a specific and meaningful way. Look for alumni who have signed up as ‘Willing to help’ and find someone who best fits your requirements by searching in the directory.
- Connect via LinkedIn or Facebook: If the person has added their social networking information, you can directly connect to them on LinkedIn or Facebook through their profile page.