Saint Ignatius Band Boosters
The Band Boosters is a parent volunteer group that is instrumental in the success of the Marching Band and Flag Corps. This group provides significant aid in making sure everything runs smoothly behind the scenes. In addition to chaperoning, Booster volunteers help raise money to offset various costs within the organization. Any parent involved in instrumental music at Saint Ignatius is welcome to join this wonderful organization!
2018-2019 Band Booster Officers
President: Virginia Dedrick
Vice President: Michelle Fornadel
Treasurer: Mark Madeja
Secretary: Eric Brey
2018-2019 Meeting Dates
Unless noted, all meetings are the first Monday of the month at 7 p.m. in The Breen Center for the Performing Arts Band Room.
|January 7, 2019
|February 4, 2019
|March 4, 2019
|April 8, 2019
|May 13, 2019
Various ways the Band Boosters aid the Instrumental Music Department:
- Chaperones: Parents help load and unload the busses, ride the bus to and from the game, remain with the band in the end zone, and help with whatever is needed during the game.
- 3rd Quarter Food: Parents provide the band with food during the 3rd quarter at most home games and occasionally feed the opposing band as well. Parents help set up, serve, and clean up afterward.
- Air Show: Parents staff a tent at the Cleveland Air Show (this is a fundraiser for the Band Boosters).
- Uniforms: Parents help fit and hem band and flag corps uniforms in the summer before Marching Band Camp begins. This group also helps fit and hem tuxedos for the Symphonic Band season.
- Concessions: Parents staff the concession stand at the Saint Ignatius Basketball games to sell snacks and drinks (this is a Band Boosters fundraiser).
- Rite Aid Marathon: Volunteers are needed to set up, pass out water, and clean up after the marathon (this is a Band Boosters fundraiser).
- Social Events: Parents are needed to help plan and organize a fun social event for the Band and Flag Corps.
- 50/50 Raffle: Parents sell 50/50 raffle tickets at home football games. Volunteers get free admission to the game (another Band Boosters fundraiser).
- Concert Receptions: Parents help set up baked goods, serve beverages and help clean up for the reception held in the Breen Center lobby after the Band concerts.
- Welcome Back Cookout: Parents are needed for the first event of the year, a welcome back cookout to kick off Band Camp. Parents help set up, serve and clean up.