School will look very different, but with your cooperation we will be able to provide an academically excellent, faith-filled student experience.
As a result of a consultative process with members of our faculty/staff and students, and after further discernment and reflection, we have returned to campus by implementing a schedule that is similar to our current Off Campus schedule (that we used for three weeks in the fall semester) with an A/B rotation. It includes the following:
- Monday-Friday, a daily start time of 8:30 a.m. with the day ending at 2:55 p.m.
- Four 70-minute instructional periods per day
- Each student will have a 35-minute lunch period
- A-Days are periods 1-4 and B-Days are periods 6-9
- Our existing school calendar will remain intact and the A/B rotation will be identified for planning purposes.
- Students should anticipate 2 hours of homework per night (est. 30-40 minutes per course)
Health and Safety
In order keep everyone on campus as safe as possible, certain requirements
must be strictly adhered to. Everyone on campus is required to wear a face covering (mask or shield). This is a way for you, as a Man for Others, to protect those around you. Hallways and stairwells will be one-way. Social distancing has shown to be important in preventing the spread of COVID-19, so please be aware of your surroundings and stay six feet away from others when you are in one location for any length of time (like a classroom, St. Mary’s Chapel or study area).
Your parents should take you through a health assessment before you leave the house each day. You will need to stay home if you experience any of the following:
- A temperature higher than 100.0 F
- A cough
- A sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- A loss of taste and smell
- GI upset
Furthermore, or if you have been in contact with anyone who has recently (within the last 14 days) tested positive for COVID -19, you must not come to campus. Read the latest CDC Guidelines
on what to do if you are sick.
Off Campus Schedule
While our goal is to have students on campus five days a week, there will be circumstances that require us to go to an Off Campus Schedule and employ distance learning. Please note that this schedule is NOT for students who will be distance learning at the beginning of the semester. This information is only applicable in the event of a campus closure.
We will move to our Off Campus Schedule if:
- The levels in Cuyahoga County increase to purple.
- We experience positive cases for COVID-19 requiring the quarantine of 5 – 10% of our student population and/or 15% of our faculty.
We will regularly evaluate our schedule and adjust it based on our context, observations, experience, need and reflection.