Effective Monday, November 16, Saint Ignatius High School will pivot to our Off Campus schedule. Our plan is to resume in person learning on Monday, January 11, returning with our current On Campus schedule. Staff members should continue to work their normal hours on campus from November 16-25. Our campus will be closed for Thanksgiving holiday Thursday and Friday November 26-27.
COVID-19 presents a tremendous challenge for educators to balance our goal to provide a rigorous, Catholic, Jesuit education and the health and safety recommendations of leading medical experts. The health and safety
of students, faculty and staff defined our guiding principles of reopening school for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Everyone – all Saint Ignatius High School employees, students and visitors – will be required to wear a face covering. Either a face mask or a shield is acceptable.
- Visitors to campus will be kept to a minimum.
- Safe physical distancing (six feet) should be adhered to where possible.
- There will be additional cleaning and disinfecting, particularly of common areas.
- Anyone who has travelled outside of Northeast Ohio will be asked to review their destinations and activities with school administrators prior to a return to campus.
Each day, everyone must go through a health and safety
checklist before entering campus. If anyone is experiencing the following they must stay home:
- Registers a temperature higher than 100.0 F
- Has a cough
- Has a sore throat
- Is experiencing shortness of breath
- Is experiencing a loss of taste and smell
- Is experiencing GI upset
- Has been in close contact (less than six feet for longer than 15 minutes at a time) with anyone who has recently (within the last 14 days) tested positive for COVID -19