Saint Ignatius High School will deliver an academically rigorous, Catholic, Jesuit education. Our commitment to pursue excellence inside and outside of the classroom remains the same. All families were sent a survey at the end of the 2019-2020 academic year and the overwhelming response was to return to campus five days a week. We have worked hard to make that happen, while at the same time we have taken every effort to provide a safe environment for our students, faculty and staff when school resumes in August.
In uncertain times such as these, the partnership between parents and teachers is essential. The school will require that every family facilitates a daily health screening before their son steps on campus.
As a result of a consultative process with members of our faculty/staff and students, and after further discernment and reflection, we have returned to campus by implementing a schedule that is similar to our current Off Campus schedule (that we used for three weeks in the fall semester) with an A/B rotation. It includes the following:
- Monday-Friday, a daily start time of 8:30 a.m. with the day ending at 2:55 p.m.
- Four 70-minute instructional periods per day
- Each student will have a 35-minute lunch period
- A-Days are periods 1-4 and B-Days are periods 6-9
- Our existing school calendar will remain intact and the A/B rotation will be identified for planning purposes.
- Students should anticipate 2 hours of homework per night (est. 30-40 minutes per course)
Health and Safety
We are relying on your partnership in order for us to keep our campus open and to maintain the health and well-being of all students
, faculty and staff. Everyone on campus, including students, will be required to wear a face covering. Additionally, we ask for your help in honoring the following at-home assessment and please keep your son home if he:
- Registers a temperature higher than 100.0 F
- Has a cough
- Has a sore throat
- Is experiencing shortness of breath
- Is experiencing a loss of taste and smell
- Is experiencing GI upset
- Has been in contact with anyone who has recently (within the last 10 days) tested positive for COVID-19
The school requests that travel outside of the State of Ohio be limited to essential travel only. If travel is deemed essential, please verify whether state(s) visited are on the State of Ohio travel advisory list. If so, you must quarantine for 14 days before returning to school. Read the latest CDC Guidelines
on what to do if you or your son becomes sick.
Off Campus Schedule
While our goal is to have students on campus five days a week, there may be circumstances that require us to go to an Off Campus Schedule and employ distance learning. Please note that this schedule is NOT for students who are currently distance learning. This information is only applicable in the event of a campus closure.
We will move to our Off Campus Schedule if:
- We experience positive cases for COVID-19 requiring the quarantine of 5 – 10% of our student population and/or 15% of our faculty.
- We see a surge of COVID infections among our students, faculty and staff.
If Cuyahoga County increases to purple, we will continue to evaluate our data and consult with the medical experts at UH to determine if is it is in the best interest of the Saint Ignatius community to remain open.