COVID-19 presents a tremendous challenge for educators to balance our goal of providing a rigorous, Catholic, Jesuit education and the health and safety recommendations of leading medical experts. School will look very different this year, but the health and safety of students, faculty and staff defined our guiding principles of reopening.
As a result of a consultative process with members of our faculty/staff and students, and after further discernment and reflection, we will return to campus by implementing a schedule that is similar to our current Off Campus schedule (that we used for three weeks in the fall semester) with an A/B rotation. It includes the following:
- Monday-Friday, a daily start time of 8:30 a.m. with the day ending at 2:55 p.m.
- Four 70-minute instructional periods per day
- Each student will have a 35-minute lunch period
- A-Days are periods 1-4 and B-Days are periods 6-9
- Our existing school calendar will remain intact and the A/B rotation will be identified for planning purposes.
- Students should anticipate 2 hours of homework per night (est. 30-40 minutes per course)
The health and well being of the Saint Ignatius community is our priority. Everyone on the Saint Ignatius High School campus will be required to wear a face covering. Either a face mask or a shield is acceptable. Each day, everyone – faculty, staff and students – must go through a health and safety
checklist before entering campus. If anyone is experiencing the following they must stay home:
- Registers a temperature higher than 100.0 F
- Has a cough
- Has a sore throat
- Is experiencing shortness of breath
- Is experiencing a loss of taste and smell
- Is experiencing GI upset
- Has been in close contact (less than six feet for longer than 15 minutes at a time) with anyone who has recently (within the last 14 days) tested positive for COVID-19
Read the latest CDC Guidelines
on what to do if you are sick.
- Standards for Using Google Classroom and PowerSchool Learning