COVID-19 has presented a tremendous challenge for Saint Ignatius High School to balance our mission of providing a rigorous, Catholic, Jesuit education and the health and safety recommendations of leading healthcare experts. These challenges demand courageous humility. Our administrative team developed the following principles:
- Remain rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, our mission, and the best science and research available.
- Address the health and safety needs of our students, faculty and staff, particularly those most vulnerable.
- Provide an excellent, holistic, rigorous, Catholic, Jesuit education - “This is a different way of doing school - but our shared mission remains the same.”
- Promote innovation, collaboration, and experimentation.
- Empower others to lead.
- Develop a culture of connectivity and encounter.
- Ensure academic integrity and accountability.
- Build resilience, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Pursue financial stewardship and sustainability.
These principles - along with the essential question of “What is best for our students?”
- were at the forefront of our discernment about how to operate during the pandemic.
As of March 15, our On Campus Schedule
is in place.
Saint Ignatius High School's plan is subject to change based on our evolving understanding of COVID-19 and its impact. Check this website often for the latest information.