After five weeks of fundraising driven by the students of Saint Ignatius High School, we are proud to announce they raised a total of $600,000 towards tuition assistance reaching 129% of their goal and earning a free day.
Special guest and NFL defensive tackle for the Denver Broncos Dre’Mont Jones ’15 returned to his Alma Mater to pull the winning tickets at the 82nd Annual Scholarship Drive drawing.
Each year the proceeds from the Scholarship Drive
go towards the Saint Ignatius High School Annual Fund, which provides nearly 50% of the student body with financial assistance. The proceeds from Drive provide funding for tuition assistance for Saint Ignatius High School students and their families.
Dating back to the spring of 1939, the Saint Ignatius High School Scholarship Drive has been a fixture of the school calendar. While it has taken many different forms, it has always depended on students, parents, alumni and the community of Greater Cleveland to reach its success.
This year's winning ticket numbers are:
- Grand Prize Ticket #101397 - student seller Erik Seicean '23
- Second Place Ticket #092133 - student seller Patrick Kovalchuk '23
- Third Place Ticket #085671 - student seller Luke Dossa '23
Top sellers in this year's drive are:
- Michael Shock '20 who sold 2,151 tickets (a new school record!)
- Benjamin Thiltgen '22 who sold 1,210 tickets
- Kurt Pickering '21 who sold 891 tickets
- Carter Zimmerman '21 who sold 513 tickets
- Gerald Kensick '23 who sold 484 tickets
To put it in perspective, each student has a quote of 60 tickets to sell. These young men went above and beyond as true Men for Others.