The Christian Action Team encompasses all service initiatives on campus. Students of all four years are welcome to participate in roughly 20 programs that serve a wide range of people, from the homeless, to the deceased, to neighborhood children.
C.A.T. meets every Thursday at 3 p.m. in Loyola Hall Room 227. All are welcome.
- Labre Homeless Ministry: Sharing food and friendship with Cleveland’s homeless. Meets every Sunday, 5 p.m. at Gibbons Hall. Sign up at C.A.T. Contact Mr. Walters or Mr. Nolan.
- Arimathea Pallbearer Ministry: Carrying deceased men and women to their final resting place. Open to juniors and seniors. Serving funerals as needed. Contact Mr. Baron or Mr. Valletta.
- Friends with L’Arche: Building community with people who have developmental disabilities. Occurs 2nd Thursday of the month, right after C.A.T. meetings. Contact Mrs. Pavlik or Mrs. Carroll.
- Men of Regis: Visits West Side Catholic Center during lunch hours. Must be free 6th period. Open to all students. Contact Mr. Strauss.
- Saint Bernard Movers: Delivers furniture to recently homeless individuals. Meets Wednesdays from 3-5 p.m. Sign up at C.A.T. Contact Mr. Walters.
- Gonzaga Society of Prayer: Prays for sick and suffering in our community. Meets Tuesday mornings at 7:30 a.m. in St. Mary’s Chapel. Contact Mr. Galla.
- Mission Collection: Collects donations for charities, agencies and causes. Occurs most Wednesdays. Contact Mr. Gill.
- Rini Family Christmas Food Drive: Assembles and delivers 700 food baskets to needy Cleveland families. Core Team meets beginning early November. Contact Mr. Gill or Mr. Walters.
- Spring Into Action: Organizes and executes a spring cleanup of Ohio City. Core Team meets beginning in mid-March. Contact Mr. Gill.
- Saint Monica Monday Night Meal: Prepares a meal for a monthly A.A. meeting at the West Side Catholic Center. Meets last Monday of the month at 4 p.m.
- Green Team: Oversees the school's recycling program through the lens of Caring for God's Creation. Meets Mondays in Campus Ministry right after school.
- Arrupe After-school Programs: Runs after-school programs for neighborhood children at Urban Community School. Opportunities are available Monday-Friday and run from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
C.A.T.’s mission includes the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy...
|Feed the Hungry
||Counsel the Doubtful
|Give Drink to the Thirsty
||Instruct the Ignorant
|Shelter the Homeless
||Admonish the Sinner
|Clothe the Naked
||Comfort the Sorrowful
|Ransom the Captive
|Visit the Sick
||Bear Wrongs Patiently
|Bury the Dead
||Pray for the Living & Dead
|Care for Creation
... as well as the Seven Themes of Catholic Social Teaching:
Life and Dignity of the Human Person
Call to Family, Community, and Participation
Rights and Responsibilities
Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
The Dignity of Work and Rights of Workers
Care for God’s Creation