The Christian Action Team encompasses all service initiatives on campus. Students of all four years are welcome to participate in roughly 20 programs that serve a wide range of people, from the homeless, to the deceased, to neighborhood children.
For the 2022-23 school year, C.A.T. Meetings will take place at 8:25 a.m. on Wednesdays before school in the new Companions Center for Faith That Does Justice. All are welcome!
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre Homeless Ministry: Sharing food and friendship with Cleveland’s homeless. Meets every Sunday, 5:00 p.m. at Gibbons Hall. Sign up at C.A.T. Contact Mr. Gill or Ms. Martin.
- Saint Joseph of Arimathea Arimathea Pallbearer Ministry: Carrying deceased men and women to their final resting place. Open to juniors and seniors. Serving funerals as needed. Contact Mr. Valletta or Mr. Mulholland.
- Friends with L’Arche: Building community with people who have developmental disabilities. Occurs one Thursday of each month. Contact Mrs. Carroll.
- Saint Bernard Movers: Delivers furniture to recently homeless individuals. Meets Mondays after school as needed. Sign up at C.A.T. Contact Mr. Gill.
- Saint Aloysius Gonzaga Society of Prayer: Prays for sick and suffering in our community. Meets Tuesday mornings at 8 a.m. in the Companions Center. Contact Mr. Pacetti '96 or Mr. Savastano.
- Mission Collection: Collects donations for charities, agencies and causes. Occurs most Wednesdays. Contact Mr. Pacetti.
- Rini Family Christmas Food Drive: Assembles and delivers 700 food baskets to needy Cleveland families. Core Team meets beginning early November. Contact Mr. Gill.
- Spring Into Action: Organizes and executes a spring cleanup of Ohio City. Core Team meets beginning in mid-March. Spring into Action will take place on Sunday April 22, 2023. Contact Mr. Gill.
- Saint Francis of Assisi Green Team: Oversees the school's recycling program through the lens of Caring for God's Creation. Meets Mondays in Campus Ministry right after school. Contact Mr. McCafferty or Mr. Savastano.
- Arrupe After-school Programs: Runs after-school programs for neighborhood children Monday-Thursday and run from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Contact Mr. Valletta.
- Arrupe Academics: Assists 3rd and 4th grade students with homework. Mondays during Formation period. Bring your computer and meet in the Companions Center. Contact Mr. Valletta.
C.A.T.’s mission includes the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy...
|Feed the Hungry
||Counsel the Doubtful
|Give Drink to the Thirsty
||Instruct the Ignorant
|Shelter the Homeless
||Admonish the Sinner
|Clothe the Naked
||Comfort the Sorrowful
|Ransom the Captive
|Visit the Sick
||Bear Wrongs Patiently
|Bury the Dead
||Pray for the Living & Dead
|Care for Creation
... as well as the Seven Themes of Catholic Social Teaching:
Life and Dignity of the Human Person
Call to Family, Community, and Participation
Rights and Responsibilities
Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
The Dignity of Work and Rights of Workers
Care for God’s Creation