About Our Programs
The Arrupe Neighborhood Partnership offers eight after-school programs for neighborhood children in grades 3-8. Most programs operate for a 7- or 8-week session and are led by high school volunteers, plus an adult moderator. The Arrupe Explorers and Bigs & Littles programs run for the entire semester.
- Arrupe Academics – Match dedicated, positive high school volunteers with grade school students for relationship building and homework help during the school day.
- Arrupe Explorers – Junior high students will begin to prepare for high school and their career under the guidance of high school mentors in this year-long program. By exploring the city and topics like technology and education options, Arrupe Explorers emerge confident and ready for what’s next.
- Bigs & Littles – A year-long mentorship program for 5th- and 6th-grade students. Bigs & Littles matches a high school “Big” with a grade school “Little,” with weekly activities for mentoring and bonding.
- Cat Pack - Sports-based programming whereby students receive coaching in various sports from adults and high school volunteers.
- Culinary Arts – Learn recipes and make delicious snacks, desserts and meals.
- Homework Club - Students receive tutoring and homework help from Saint Ignatius students, or spend time together playing board games or doing other activities.
- Robotics/3-D Printing – Students will use the kits provided by Arrupe to code and program at home with the direction of the teacher.
How Do I Sign Up My Child?
Current students grades 3-8: Click Here
High school volunteers: Click Here
Please contact Mr. Pat Valletta '05
, Coordinator for Programs and Volunteers, to learn how to get your child involved with Arrupe programs.