About Our Programs
The Arrupe Neighborhood Partnership offers eight after-school programs for neighborhood children in grades 3-8. Most programs operate for a 7- or 8-week session and are led by high school volunteers, plus an adult moderator. The Arrupe Explorers and Bigs & Littles programs run for the entire semester.
COVID-19 Update: These are the programs being offered for the 2020-2021 school year. All programs will take place over Zoom on the days listed. Programs will run from 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Arrupe Companions – Match dedicated, positive high school volunteers with grade school students for relationship building and homework help. Takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Arrupe Explorers – Junior high students will begin to prepare for high school and their career under the guidance of high school mentors in this year-long program. By exploring the city and topics like technology and education options, Arrupe Explorers emerge confident and ready for what’s next. Takes place on Thursdays.
- Bigs & Littles – A year-long mentorship program for 5th- and 6th-grade students. Bigs & Littles matches a high school “Big” with a grade school “Little,” with weekly activities for mentoring and bonding. Takes place on Wednesdays.
- Culinary Arts – Learn recipes and make delicious snacks, desserts and meals. Takes place on Mondays.
- Coding – Students will use the kits provided by Arrupe to code and program at home with the direction of the teacher. Takes place on Mondays.
- Magic & Origami – Learn the ins and outs of beginner magic tricks and the ancient paper-folding art of Origami. Takes place on Mondays.
- Power of the Pen – Read, learn about and write different types of stories. Takes place on Wednesdays.
- Woodshop – Making and design different items out of wood. Takes place on Mondays.
- Yoga – Participate in yoga stretching and workouts each week. Takes place on Wednesdays.
How Do I Sign Up My Child?
Details about programs and registration information for the 2021-2022 school year will be shared in August.