About Our Programs
The Arrupe Neighborhood Partnership offers eight after-school programs for neighborhood children in grades 4-8. All programs operate for a 7- or 8-week session and are led by high school volunteers, plus an adult moderator.
- Arrupe Explorers – Junior high students will begin to prepare for high school and their career under the guidance of high school mentors in this year-long program. By exploring the city and topics like technology and education options, Arrupe Explorers emerge confident and ready for what’s next. Takes place on DAY TBD.
- Bigs & Littles – A year-long mentorship program for 5th- and 6th-grade students. Bigs & Littles matches a high school “Big” with a grade school “Little,” with weekly activities for mentoring and bonding. Takes place on DAY TBD.
- Cat Pack – Sports and recreation are the name of the game at Cat Pack. A variety of sports games are taught and coached by high school volunteers, plus skills like sportsmanship, teamwork and integrity. Each season ends with a competition for the Arrupe Cup. Open to children in grades 5-8. Takes place on DAY TBD.
- Homework Club – Neighborhood kids in grades 3-8 can receive tutoring and homework assistance after school through Homework Club. High school volunteers provide guidance, giving students a supportive learning environment. Takes place on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (separate sessions).
- LEGO Robotics - Computer programming, engineering, digital design and more are highlights of this popular program that involves LEGOs and robots! Through weekly challenges and even off-site competitions, participants get to play with robots, computers and more. Open to children in grades 5-8. Takes places on DAY TBD.
How Do I Sign Up My Child?
Registration for neighborhood children in grades 4-8 is available here:
After-school programs will take place at Urban Community School, 4909 Lorain Ave.