All are welcome to join the Rini Family Christmas Food Drive for Mass, breakfast and basket delivery on Saturday, December 15, at 8:30 a.m. Each year, the student Core Team plans for, collects, assembles, and distributes 700 food baskets to needy families around Cleveland.
Here is the schedule for delivery day:
8:30 a.m. - Mass in St. Mary of the Assumption Chapel
9:30 a.m. - Breakfast available in Rade Dining Hall
9:45 a.m. - Cars may begin receiving baskets and maps for delivery***
12 p.m. - Approximate time of last baskets being delivered
***NEW THIS YEAR: Cars will pick up baskets along the north side of Lorain Avenue, outside of Sullivan Gymnasium.
1. Each car may take 1-2 baskets. For each basket, you will receive a map.
2. Drive your basket to the assigned location on the map.
3. Knock on the door. If there is no answer, check on the map for special delivery instructions. You may also call the phone number listed on the map. Do not leave the basket unattended outside the home.
4. Please exchange names with the people you deliver to. Wish them 'Merry Christmas' and share any other pleasantries, as you see fit.
5. Return any un-deliverable baskets to Saint Ignatius. You may do more deliveries if baskets are available.
6. Take time to offer up in prayer the people you delivered to.