Welcome to Saint Ignatius High School from the Athletic Department. At Saint Ignatius we offer a very fine interscholastic athletic program to all of our students. In the fall we offer football, soccer, cross-country, and golf. The winter sports are basketball, wrestling, ice hockey, bowling, and swimming/diving. The spring sports include baseball, crew, lacrosse, track, tennis, rugby, and volleyball. Freshmen have teams of their own in most of these sports, but may play on a junior varsity or varsity team when there is not a separate freshman team in that sport.
For those who plan to go out for football, soccer, golf or cross-country, there will be a mandatory meeting held for the parents of each of these teams on the evening of Thursday, July 26, 2018, at 6 p.m. in The Breen Center for the Performing Arts.
Notes regarding the pre-season meetings for athletics:
- There are two parts to the pre-season athletic meetings -- we hold a fall, winter, and spring meeting:
- Part I at 6 p.m. covers Saint Ignatius and OHSAA expectations and procedures
- Part II at 7 p.m. is the team meeting with the coach.
- If your son is a prospective athlete you must attend Part I before tryouts - you only need to attend this portion of the meeting once per year if your son is a multisport athlete. You must attend Part II for each sport your son may play – the location of these meetings will be sent out via email prior to the meeting date.
- These meetings are mandatory – both parents and athletes are invited to attend.
- We will use a sign-in/check-in for each meeting to ensure compliance with Part I.
Please use the following link to compile player information– tinyurl.com/sihsFreshmenFootball
. We will have a Freshmen Football Welcome event, Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 6 p.m. Players and parent/guardians are welcomed to Saint Ignatius High School at The Breen Center for the Performing Arts for an introduction to the football program. There will be a tour of the facilities, a cookout and coaches will be on hand to meet the incoming families. Please RSVP for this event at tinyurl.com/FreshmenFootballRSVP
There will be summer mini-camps on July 25, July 26 and July 27 from 5 to 7 p.m. on Kyle Field. Practice prior to the start of school will begin Monday, July 31 from 8 am to 12 pm. Please note that we will practice Monday through Saturday most every week. Once school starts the freshmen will begin practice at 3:15 p.m. and finish at 6 p.m. Football candidates will also have the opportunity to order practice packs, football shoes and other related gear. This information will be passed on at a later date. All candidates must bring a lock for a locker to one of the mini camps or on the first day of practice.
- Summer Open Field Times – Summer scrimmaging will take place every Monday and Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. These are optional scrimmage activities for all incoming freshmen through seniors. We will begin on Monday, June 4, and conclude on Wednesday, July 25. These will take place on McLaughlin/Kyle Fields.
- Dutch Camp – All freshmen through seniors are invited to participate in the Dutch Team Camp. The camp brochure will be posted on the school soccer webpage at www.ignatiuswildcats.com/soccer-home. The camp will be held July 9-13, from 9 - 11:30 a.m.
- Tryout Information – Freshmen tryouts will begin on Wednesday, August 1, will run from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. each day, and will be held on McLaughlin Field. There will be fitness requirements which will posted on the school soccer webpage.
- Contact Information – Please email Coach McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the summer group chat/email list.This list will notify you of any weather changes/cancellations for the Summer open Field Time, and other pertinent summer information.
- Summer Behavior – What matters most to the coaches of the soccer program is how you live your life. We are most interested in how you behave, how you treat others, and how you treat yourself. Enjoy your summer break, but always know that you represent your family, as well as your new school Saint Ignatius High School, and hopefully someday soon you will be part of one of the top high school soccer programs in the country. Whether on the soccer field for your club team, or on the beach with your friends – please take pride in whom it is you represent.
The tryout schedule for the 2018 season is as follows:
- Wednesday, August 1 at Pine Hills
- Thursday, August 2 at Sleepy Hollow
- Friday, August 3 at Windmill Lakes
You will be able to sign up for a tee time by going to www.ignatiuswildcats.com/golf
. The tee time sign up page will be open at some point in late May. Please check the website for updates. Please contact Coach Becker at email@example.com
or Coach Beach at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions.
Students interested in running cross country should email the Head Coach, Dr. Mike Gallagher, to be added to the informational mailing list - email@example.com.
The mandatory preseason meeting for Cross Country is scheduled for Monday, May 21 at 6 p.m. in the Library. At this meeting Coach Gallagher will review summer training, the team handbook, team practices and the 2018 schedule. All interested incoming freshmen and at least one parent should attend.
Strength and Conditioning Center
The Saint Ignatius Strength and Conditioning Center will be open to freshman on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. all summer starting on Monday, June 4th. Anthony Rubino, the Director of Strength and Conditioning, will be present most days to assist the incoming freshmen with technique and to provide an introduction to our strength program.
Forms for Participation
All of the forms necessary for participating in Athletics can be found on FinalForms. You will receive an email containing information about your Final Forms account in early June. Please refer to you Freshman Family Welcome Booklet for information on accessing these forms.
- All participants in athletics MUST have a completed OHSAA Physical Examination Form on file in the athletic office before the first practice. The completed physical will cover all sports for the entire school year. All forms can be obtained via FinalForms, but we also have put the link for the OHSAA Physical on our Athletic website at www.ignatiuswildcats.com/athleticforms. A physical exam to participate in athletics is of utmost importance.
- The other forms required to be filled out online include:
- Emergency Medical Authorization (EMA)
- The Ohio Department of Health form on Concussion Awareness
- The OHSAA Authorization Form
ATHLETES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PRACTICE UNTIL ALL FORMS ARE COMPLETED
We are proud to welcome you as a Wildcat. Good luck in all of your activities at Saint Ignatius High School. Please contact Brad Ganor, Assistant Athletic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you should have any questions or concerns.