Ever want to return to Saint Ignatius? Consider the Alumni Discernment and Volunteer Program! With free Ohio City living, professional development opportunities, networking events, and the support of the Saint Ignatius community, young alumni have used this year of service to set themselves up for success early in their careers.
For more than 20 years, the ADVP has allowed recent college graduates to return to Cleveland and reconnect with the local community. Participants receive opportunities for personal and professional development and the support of the Jesuit community on campus.
Benefits of the Program
- Live for free in Ohio City, next to campus
- Weekly professional development opportunities
- Saint Ignatius alumni office assists with networking
- Time to pursue personal interests, grad school or the job search
- Personal and faith formation available as desired
Roles of the Alumni Volunteer
- Assist with coordination of the Saint Joseph of Arimathea Pallbearer Ministry
- Moderate 2-3 Arrupe after-school programs
- Drive Sophomore Service students to their sites
- Participate in Christian Action Team meetings and major initiatives, such as the Rini Family Christmas Food Drive
- Weekly dinners at the Jesuit Residence
2018-2019 Alumni Volunteers
- Joe Kooplikkattu '14
- Evan O'Malley '14
- Jacob Sheehan '12
- Peter Simcox '14
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To learn more about ADVP, please contact John Gill ’97.