Ever want to return to Saint Ignatius? Consider the Alumni Discernment and Volunteer Program! With free Ohio City living, professional development opportunities, networking events, and the support of the Saint Ignatius community, young alumni have used this year of service to set themselves up for success early in their careers.
For more than 20 years, the ADVP has allowed recent college graduates to return to Cleveland and reconnect with the local community. Participants receive opportunities for personal and professional development and the support of the Jesuit community on campus.
|Steps to Becoming an Alumni Volunteer
|1. Read about the program online
|2. Contact program director John Gill '97 to learn more via phone call or email
|3. Complete the ADVP application
|4. Formal interview on-campus or via phone
|5. Acceptance. Welcome back to your Alma Mater!
Benefits of the Program
- Live for free in Ohio City, right next to campus--includes monthly $500 stipend (Check out the house)
- Defer student loans through completion of the program
- Weekly professional development opportunities
- Special assistance networking with Saint Ignatius alumni and complimentary invitations to alumni events
- Guidance for pursuing grad school, law school, med school, etc.
- Time to pursue personal interests, shadowing, and the job search
- Personal and faith formation available as desired
- Give back to current Saint Ignatius students as a mentor, role model and moderator
- Reconnect with former teachers as your new colleagues
- Weekly dinners and fellowship at the Jesuit Residence
Roles of the Alumni Volunteer
- Assist with coordination of the Saint Joseph of Arimathea Pallbearer Ministry
- Moderate 2-3 Arrupe after-school programs
- Drive Sophomore Service students to their sites
- Participate in Christian Action Team meetings and major initiatives, such as the Rini Family Christmas Food Drive
- Weekly dinners at the Jesuit Residence
2022-2023 Alumni Volunteers
- Kenneth Chrulski '16
- Brennan McQuinn '17
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To learn more about ADVP, please contact John Gill ’97.