The College Counselors at Saint Ignatius work closely with each and every student and his parents/guardians throughout the college admission process, beginning in the first semester of junior year and throughout senior year. Couselors assist with college research, applications, essays, major and career exploration, as well as financial aid and scholarships. Just as every young man is an individual, we tailor our process to help each student decide where he will be academically challenged, comfortable and successful, but most importantly, what God is calling him to do.
Some of our programming includes:
- More than 100 college admissions representatives visit our campus for group information sessions throughout the school year
- Individual college interviews held on our campus
- Periodic student trips to college campuses
- An individual Naviance account for each student, which can be used to research colleges and majors, as well as viewing scattergrams that track Saint Ignatius student admission results
- Financial Aid Night, as well as individual appointments with a financial aid advisor
- Lunchtime Career Speaker Series
- Jesuit College Fair
- Day of Discernment, with 14-16 alumni reflecting on their path to college and careers to our seniors
- College Readiness Day, with alumni presenting and advising on serious issues students may face in college
All Saint Ignatius High School families are invited to attend the virtual event, A Healthy Approach to College Admissions
, on Tuesday, March 2
at 6 p.m. on Zoom. The college admissions process can be a source of stress and anxiety for students and parents alike. This research-based workshop addresses many of the important questions we hear from families. What do college rankings really measure? Are students who attend more selective colleges better off later in life? What is “fit” and why does it matter? Participants will learn practical strategies to help reduce unnecessary pressure around the college admissions process and ways to support their student’s overall well-being and readiness for life in college and beyond.
A Zoom link will be sent to registrants prior to the workshop. We invite you to register today!